Modelling and Drafting Services
Q-Design are professionals with years of modelling and drafting experience.
We have almost 20 years experience on multiple CAD software applications.
We can help model or draft, one or many parts. Q-Design also has the ability to perform
part translations, taking a designed part from one CAD system to another.
Product Design/Project Management
Q-Design have completed projects projects to very stringent timelines and have helped
to maintain projects on schedule by working on-site with the relevant company project
Managers assisting with design and modelling problems.
Concept Design to Drawing Release
Q-Design will assist in the initial concept design stage through the many design iterations,
Prototyping and right through to 3d model and drawing release stage.
Manual Board Drawings to Digital Model-Drawing/ Reverse Engineering
Q-Design can take old board paper drawings and upgrade quickly to 3D models or drawings. We have the ability to take a finished drawing or part and perform reverse engineering
to create a working model with CAD software.
Orthopaedic Device Design
Q-Design are experts in Hip and Knee component design and with almost twenty years
experience in the Medical Device industry will provide you with professional approach
to your component design from concept stage to final drawing release and afterwards
during any revision stages. We are also experts in Instrument design and can assist you
With the complex assemblies and associative drawings. We offer a rapid turnaround to your
Design requirements keeping your projects ahead of schedule. With vast experience in
Unigraphics and ProEngineer we can generate all of your design outputs in a timely manner
and in the correct file format.
- Implants and Instruments Design
- 2D and 3D range of Motion Analysis Drawings for implants
- Digital X-Ray Templates for your PACS vendor
- Assembly translucent models forimplant bead position optimisation
Comparator Charts/Point Picks/File Conversion/Tooling drawings
Q-Design will assist your Manufacturing Engineers by working on-site or off-site to generate
Comparator Charts, Point Pick drawings, and any other drawings quickly keeping your project
on schedule. We will also provide mentoring on a one-to-one basis on Unigraphics or
ProEngineer CAD systems. We also convert drawings to AutoCAD or IGES format which many
of your vendors require.
- CAD 3D design, surface and solid modelling, assembly modelling (ProE/Unigraphics)
- Draughting of Template, Pre-Release and PE Drawings (ProE/Unigraphics
- Geometric Toleranced drawings
- Revisions to existing drawings
- Comparator Charts (from ProEngineer, Unigraphics or other systems)
- Orthopaedic Product Design, implants and instruments
- Manufacturing Drawings i.e. Point Picks, bearing cutters etc.
- AutoCAD drawings for vendors
- File Conversion to other formats i.e. iges, dxf, stl, step etc